Saturday, March 10, 2007

REVIEW: Ohuzaru LP


This one's kind of a corker. I haven't heard much about these guys aside from that they've been around on tour quite a bit, and I think they're even on one as I'm writing this now. So when I got my hands on this one and threw it on, all I knew was: they're Italian, the record's got some mean cover-artwork that looks like it could be off an Electric Wizard record, they take cues from old Japanese hardcore (there's a Deathside cover on here as well), and this record wound up just knocking me on my ass. As far as hardcore goes, it melds the best of a lot of different styles; the raging drive of Japanese hardcore, the craziness of early Italian hardcore, and a good dose of straight ahead thrash a la No Comment. Listening to the first few songs I thought it might just be a fluke, but by the time "These Needles Hurt" kicks in with the opening mosh-part, it was obvious these guys know what they're doing quite well. I don't really think there's that much else that needs to be said; if you see you, you'll do right by picking it up!
Listen to this mp3 if you need some more convincing.

Available as a split release between AgiPunk and 625 Productions

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home